A Brighter Future Begins Today
Welcome to P.S. 115M: The Alexander Humboldt Magnet Academy of Art and Science Exploration. We are a PreK-5 magnet school in Washington Heights where every child has the opportunity to explore, investigate, create, and discover. Here, you will find:
- A hands-on, interdisciplinary approach to learning that sparks curiosity and develops critical thinking, creativity, communication, and leadership skills.
- An exceptional staff of educators who create a warm, caring, and inclusive environment for all students.
- A learning environment that combines rigor with fun and prepares students for success in middle school and beyond.
- Small classes with plenty of individual attention to help every student maximize learning.
What is a Magnet School?
We are a magnet school within the New York City DOE. As a magnet school, we are a public school, but we are open to any student within the five boroughs of New York City, not just students in our zone. Our magnet school grant provides additional funding to support professional development and special programs, facilities, and partnerships around our magnet theme. Read more about New York City magnet schools.
What Our Students Say
“P.S. 115M is a school that people can go to for PreK – 5 grade. This school is great and convenient for people living in the area. I like it because this is my school. It shows that P.S. 115 M is a great school to attend because it’s giving a lot of opportunities to learn. This is important because these basic ideas can make certain mindsets.” - Miguel, P.S. 115 student
Our Magnet Theme
We are The Magnet School of Art and Science Exploration. Our magnet theme invites students to engage deeply with curriculum and real-world problems through the lens of STEAM: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math. Our magnet theme comes to life through:
- A hands-on approach to learning called Project-Based Learning (PBL).
- A technology-infused curriculum with 1:1 access to laptops and tablets to support learning.
- Our STEAM Lab and Maker Space, where students create using 21st-century tools.
- Residency programs to bring the arts and sciences into the classroom through partnerships across the city.
- STEAM enrichment activities that allow students to discover their talents and passions.
After-School and Enrichment Programs
We offer after-school care and enrichment activities five days a week to extend the school day and provide additional opportunities for learning and fun. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Academic Intervention Programs
- Sports Teams
- Saturday Academy
- ASPIRA program
To foster student creativity and critical thinking through real world problem solving and exploration.
To empower students to use innovation and creativity to change the world.
As a NYC Magnet School, we welcome applications from all students within the five boroughs of New York City.First priority is given to students living within our zoned area. Find your attendance zone and district.
- To apply for PreK or Kindergarten enrollment, follow the NYCDOE Kindergarten Enrollment Process.
- For out-of-zone enrollment (grades 1 – 5), visit our office during school hours for a Magnet School application.
We are located in the Washington Heights neighborhood of upper Manhattan. We are situated on 177th St between St Nicholas Ave and Audubon Ave, easily accessible via the 1 train or A train. Our school is a short walk from the Highbridge Recreation Center off Amsterdam Ave.
Schedule a Tour!
We invite you to come see for yourself what makes our school different and special! Look for an upcoming open house or fill out the contact form to schedule a personal tour.